Friday 13 May 2011

"To infinity and beyond!"


When my wife told me that she was going out with her mother to spend her father’s hard-earned pension I was naturally very pleased. And when she whispered, “Dad’s buying our pram” before setting off on the journey to Mothercare we traded high fives in delight.

I’ll admit that I was actually rather keen to take a hands-on role choosing Joe-Joe’s pram, but on hearing about the Basing’s generosity felt it would sit more comfortable with me if I allowed Deborah rather than me to choose the best (and probably the most expensive) pram in the shop.

On her return, Deborah excitedly told me: “We’ve bought the travel system. It’s a Quinny.” My jaw dropped and I pulled what probably looked like a very ungrateful face.

“You’ve bought a Queenie? Please tell me it hasn’t got ‘Queenie’ written anywhere on it.”

“Not Queenie. Quinny!”

“It still sounds a bit gay,” I replied.

“Well, it’s not. It’s a ‘Quinny Buzz’ and you’ll love it when you see it.”

“A Buzz Lightyear. That sounds much better! Does it look like Nasa built it? And will it take me to ‘infinity and beyond’? ‘Yes’ was the answer to one of those questions and ‘stop being a dick’ was the other.

Joe-Joe’s Buzz 3 travel system arrived today and it’s cooler than Woody, Mr. Potato Head and Slinky Dog put together. The lightweight silver frame could easily have been used as construction material on the International Space Station and the wheels are surely made from the same rubber as Jenson Button’s all-weather Formula One tyres. It’s got “a unique and revolutionary folding system” so I can unfold it with one hand whilst changing my Fantasy Football dream team with the other, and “a highly manoeuvrable front swivel wheel that can be locked”. Other features include; a sun canopy, Buzz Box (for keeping nappies, Mars bars and Iron Maiden CDs), a rain cover and an XL seat for when Joe-Joe is 18 months old.

Joe-Joe and Me are definitely going to customise it with Toy Story stickers so we can go to infinity and beyond!!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment