Wednesday 1 June 2011

Lovin' the Alien protest

If you've seen the film 'Alien' starring Sigourney Weaver, then you'll be familiar with the scene when the baby Alien emerges from John Hurt's chest. Here's a clip here to remind you!

It's a great cinematic moment and one that Joe-Joe's been trying to recreate over the last few days with his Muhammad Ali style jabs and Bruce Lee kicks from inside Deborah's belly. He hasn't burst through yet, but I believe it's only a matter of time!

Even weirder than watching this alien spectacle of protruding limbs is the fact that Deborah managed to sleep through Joe-Joe's entire 10 minute bout last night!

It's got me wondering whether my alien baby is trying to communicate with me. Is he telling me that's he's getting too big for his surroundings? Or is he protesting at the lack of sleep? Me thinks it's more likely to be the latter.  I doubt he sleeps much at night due to his mother's fog horn snoring and during the day it must feel like he's on a non-stop bouncy castle ride as my wife's still wearing high heels 10 days from her due date!

Talking of Aliens, check this out: '10 ways to "Alienate" your daughter-in-law' sent to me by a rather nice lady in the U.S. (I think) called Lauren Diaz. She says of 'Joe-Joe and Me': "I hope you continue putting out great content through your blog. It has been a sincere pleasure to read."

STOP PRESS: It's here! Joe-Joe's treasure trove of "Chav" Tottenham Hotspur goodies has arrived. Lucky boy! See my entry 'Spurs lose at Joe-Joe's nursery, but Chirpy wins the day'

Happy 80th birthday Morris Keston! You can read about Superfan's amazing life in the book I wrote about him.    

No comments:

Post a Comment