Saturday 7 May 2011

Grannie's not amused


I've managed to upset my mother-in-law twice this week - not bad going even for me! My first gem was to tell 'The Dragon' that as I'm going to be Joe-Joe's main carer it's up to me to educate him as to what to call his grandmothers. I announced yesterday that in order not to confuse him over who's who, my mother is to be known as 'Nannie Jean' and she'll be known as 'Grannie Mary'. I didn't go down well to say the least! It's taken her months to get used to being called 'Nannie' by her first grandchild - two-year-old Benjamin. She'd originally told me that Benji would have to call her 'Mary' as she felt too young (she's in her fifties) to be called 'Nannie' and 'Grannie' was definitely out of the question. I rubbed salt in the wounds today with my reply to her ridiculous question: "Who would play me in 'Joe-Joe and Me - The Movie'?
"Got to be Barbara Windsor" I replied. How was I supposed to know that Babs - The Queen of Bingo - is 73! 



No comments:

Post a Comment