Tuesday 5 July 2011

Willy Wigwam Wee Love You!

It's not a wizard's hat, it's a willy wigwam!
I've been amazed by the number of cards and presents we've received from friends and family welcoming Joe-Joe into the world. In fact, I'm now on first name terms with the Parcel Force delivery driver as barely a day has gone by since the birth of our son that 'Steve' hasn't knocked on the door asking for my signature before handing over a gift-wrapped present.  Every available space in Joe-Joe's nursery is taken up by 'It's a Boy' cards, photo frames, sleepsuits, booties and enough cuddly toy animals to fill Noah's Ark in 'Toy Story 4'.

Of all the gifts Joe-Joe's received, my favourite has to be the Willy Wigwam that arrived in the 'Sprogbox' sent by friends Darren and Hannah. I'd never heard of a willy wigwam and almost wet myself laughing when reading the note inside the cloth bag that it came in. "Mother‘s of little baby boys will immediately understand what willy wigwams are for! Pop one on your little boy‘s private parts when you are changing his nappy and hopefully, he won‘t pee in your face!"

The funny thing is, in the days before our pair of willy wigwams arrived my wife and I had spent hours discussing the merits of our individual methods for preventing pee spray. I used the "get it done in record time method" believing that the quicker I changed his nappy the less chance there was of being shot in the eye. The method worked well for me as I only suffered one urine shower although my nappies leaked a few times due to poor construction. My wife on the other hand preferred the "wet wipe wipeout method" as recommended by our friend Andrea. It involves strategically placing a wet wipe over the willy as soon as the dirty nappy comes off to soak up any spray. However, Deborah soon discovered that what goes on must come off and Joe-Joe would expertly time his sprinkle to perfection, aiming straight in her face just as the wet wipe was removed and before the fresh nappy was fastened. She was sprayed three times in 24 hours using her method and I celebrated by saying she'd developed an "old lady smell".

Since the willy wigwams arrived they've prevented five peeing episodes from becoming serious soakings and I've added them to my list of "Things I Couldn't Live Without" (yes, they're right up there with a Dyson!) The only downside I can think of is it seems they are easily lost, with our washing machine claiming one of our two willy wigwams just like one half of a pair of socks. Unfortunately for my wife, it was her one and after being sprayed last night she threatened to steal mine. I'm not scared as she's got no chance. I carry mine in my back pocket at all times and always sleep with one eye open.

Latest dirty nappy score: Daddy 21 Mummy 22


No comments:

Post a Comment