Saturday 21 May 2011

Spurs lose at Joe-Joe's nursery, but Chirpy wins the day.

(Dedicated to my late father Roland who would have been 65 today). 
I'm sad to report that a last-ditch attempt to persuade my wife to dump the pirate theme in Joe-Joe's nursery for a Tottenham Hotspur one - has failed. Locked in discussions until the early hours, it seemed at 2 a.m. that my wish for navy blue curtains with the cockerel motif of my football team (soccer, if you are reading this in the U.S.) might be acceptable to the one that makes the decisions. Alas, my hard sell tactics only resulted in getting me red carded and sent to the spare room. The last words she screamed my way as I carried my pillow out of the bedroom were: "Joe-Joe's not going to be a 'Chav' like you and his nursery isn't going to be 'chavvy'. 

(For my American and Australian readers - 'chavvy' is an adjective used to brand something, such as an item, object, activity, TV show, even a moral choice etc, that would stereotypically appeal to a Chav. 
e.g: Burberry, Bling, casual sex and associated low morals. The word is pretty much always used in a negative sense by non-Chavs, as to them the thing in question is undesirable.)
 
Of course, Joe-Joe won't care too much in the early stages of his development, but I'm nevertheless determined that his indoctrination into the Tottenham Hotspur way of life begins as early as possible. Therefore, it's with great pleasure that I can exclusively reveal on 'Joe-Joe and Me' (and to my wife) that thanks to the end-of-season sale in the Spurs Shop, Joe-Joe is now the proud owner of the following Chav accessories promoted by Chirpy, the club's kids' mascot.  

(I wonder where I'll be sleeping tonight?)


Another Cup for Spurs - this one's a training Cup.

The cockerel stands proud on Joe-Joe's first bottle
Two sets purchased. One for home and the other for use at grandparents.


Thinking ahead, but couldn't resist these at the sale price of just £3!!
A beanie to cherish in the kit worn the season  that Joe-Joe will be born!

I'm in love with these 'Tottenham 82' trainers!

Joe-Joe's rather boring Tottenham Hotspur free zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment