Friday 5 August 2011

'Wolf Baby' gets a haircut!

Joe-Joe gets his first trim!
I took a look at the stats for this blog today and was surprised to discover that my entry on June 8 titled: 'Are We Having A Wolf Baby' has registered twice as many hits as any other offering on 'Joe-Joe and Me'. (Over 550 page views!).

It seems there's nothing like a hairy child to get mouses clicking on a global scale. I even had a reader in Burkina Faso !!! (It's a country in west Africa - I had to look it up!)

Chris Waddle never looked so good!
My prediction back then that our unborn child would be a hairy baby proved correct and last week I was forced to give our seven-week-old 'wolf baby' his first haircut.

Joe-Joe took it all in his stride and actually seemed pleased to see his Daddy carrying a big pair of orange scissors. My wife Deborah wasn't too happy though and it took some convincing before she let me loose on our son's locks.  I trimmed the long strands of strawberry blond hair that covered  his ears and after some persuading agreed to hold off from trimming the locks currently below his collar. I'm pleased with Joe-Joe's hairstyle and it can only be a matter of weeks before it resembles the mullet look of my favourite Tottenham Hotspur footballer from the late Eighties - Chris Waddle. Cool!


Latest dirty nappy score: Daddy 39, Mummy 36, Grannie Mary (The Dragon) 3, Midwife 1

No comments:

Post a Comment