Wednesday 29 June 2011

Burping brilliant!

Joe-Joe's been settling in well since arriving home from hospital a couple of weeks ago. He's been sleeping well in between feeds and as a result my wife and I have been averaging over seven hours of sleep most nights. Not bad!
"Mummy's not strangling me. I'm being burped!"
He certainly enjoys milk time and seems to guzzle down his SMA formula milk quicker every feed. The only problem that our Milk Monster has had so far is expelling trapped wind. It's a bit of a mystery as generally he's been burping well during and after his bottle.

We've had him on Infacol from day one which apparently helps prevent the gripping pain of trapped wind, but he still suffers now and then. And boy can he scream!
A friend has suggested we change his formula milk from SMA to Aptamil as she reckons it's better for windy babies. We'll give it a try and possibly change his bottles from Tommi Tippee to Dr. Brown's as I've only read good things on the Net about this type of bottle with a two-piece patented internal vent.

I thought you might like to see Joe-Joe's first memorable appearance in front of a home movie camera. He's got excellent comic timing. A future as a stand-up comedian? Perhaps...


   
Latest dirty nappy score - Daddy 18 Mummy 15 (Yes, I really am going to keep score until Joe-Joe's potty trained!)

No comments:

Post a Comment